Hiatus vzw respects your privacy and complies with the European General Data Protection Regulation of 24 May 2016. The text below is intended to inform you how Hiatus vzw processes the personal data that you provide to us. Whenever you provide your personal data, Hiatus vzw will handle it in accordance with the policy set out below, and with the legal requirements on the processing of personal data.
Hiatus vzw collaborates with various organizations so that our audience can attend our performances or participate in our workshops or other projects. The organizations are subsequently referred to as ‘partners’. They include venues where our performances are held, authorized ticket vendors who sell tickets on their behalf and organizations that host our workshops or other projects.
Hiatus vzw is a data administrator (i.e. a person responsible for the processing of your personal data) with regard to all data that Hiatus vzw collects about you and receives whenever you use our services.
1. How do we collect your data?
Your personal data can be collected via various channels. Directly from you, including:
- • when you subscribe for our newsletter
- • when you inquire for information by e-mail, phone, social media or in person
- • when you (have) program(med) our performances or hosted our workshops or projects
- • when you register or apply for an audition, workshop or other project
We can also collect your personal data:
- • via integrated social media functions on our website, or on social media platforms that we use
- via our project partners
- • through professional networks in the performing arts field, that both Hiatus vzw and you we are related to or member of
2. What information do we collect?
We may ask you for a number of personal details such as your surname, first name, address, date of birth, e-mail, telephone number, place of residence and preferred language.
3. What do we use the information for?
We use the information we collect:
• to provide you with the service or information requested
• for customer administration
• to notify you via telephone or email in case of unforeseen changes related to our performances, workshops, auditions or other projects
• to improve the quality of our services
4. What choices can you make about how we use your data?
When you subscribe for the newsletter, register or apply for an audition, workshop or other project, or inquire for information, we ask for your consent to collect your personal data. If you wish to withdraw the consent that you have given, you can contact us. You can also opt out of receiving our newsletters.
5. How do we project your data?
Hiatus vzw is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use.
6. What is our policy on cookies, and how can you change the settings?
Hiatus vzw makes use of various types of cookie, for example:
• to analyse how users use our website
• to upgrade the performance of our website
• to remember your preferences
If you do not want to allow all types of cookie, you can change the settings in your browser. For more information, we refer you to the Help menu of your Internet browser or to allaboutcookies.org.
If you change the settings and block cookies, the full functionality of our website will no longer be available and you may be unable to make optimal use of our website.
7. Questions and/or complaints? Do you want to edit or update your details?
If so, please contact:
Zwarte Vijversstraat 97
8. Changes to our privacy notice
This version was last updated on 30.01.2023