The dancers, performers and artists from Hiatus all have their favorite physical practices. Movement exercises, explorations and investigations of composition, of the body, of a group, of a theme, a relationship with the surroundings, … All these practices inevitably get interwoven in their work on stage. In Open Mondays, Hiatus invites participants to the dance studio to actively experience them.
In every session of Open Monday, two or three artists related to the company share their favorite physical practices. The aim is not so much to produce or learn a choreography, but to enrich and nourish ourselves and one another. It is a moment to share an experience, to connect and discover, and to focus on our bodies.
Open Monday is an opening to begin our week from a place of curiosity and exploration.
SOMETHING FOR ME?
Anyone can participate, as long as you are curious and willing to move the body. Whether you have danced before or not, whether you are an artist, an amateur or a professional dancer, whatever your physical abilities are, you are very welcome to join this free public offering.
In Fall 2021 at Ultima Vez, Brussels.
See calendar on the bottom of this page.
Admission is free, but registration is required. Register here.
– The working language of the Open Mondays is English
– Hiatus will follow the Covid prevention measures in place at the moment of each session. We will inform all participants of the measures.
With and by Daniel Linehan, Gorka Gurrutxaga Arruti, Anneleen Keppens, Jean-Baptiste Portier, Liz Kinoshita, Michael Helland, Yumiko Funaya, Louise Tanoto and/or other artists
- Open Monday 20 December 2021, 19:00 - 21:00 Ultima Vez – Big Studio - Brussels, Belgium
- Open Monday 25 November 2021, 19:00 - 21:00 Ultima Vez – Big Studio - Brussels, Belgium
- Open Monday 25 October 2021, 19:00 - 21:00 Ultima Vez – Big Studio - Brussels, Belgium
- Open Monday 27 September 2021, 19:00 - 21:00 Ultima Vez – Big Studio - Brussels, Belgium